Why do we do homework?
- enables students to consolidate skills they have learned in their lessons at school
- enables students to memorise facts, vocabulary, and spellings
- enables students to engage in individual problem-solving at their own pace
- encourages reading for itself and reading around subjects
- encourages students to find information from a variety of sources, for example in libraries, in newspapers, from other people, from television, and from safe use of the internet
- enables students to understand the need for work outside the school day so that they can cope more easily with the demands of coursework in Years 10 & 11