School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the tone and ethos of our school. It helps to promote a sense of equality amongst our diverse community of students and the understanding of the formal nature of the environment. The wearing of uniform helps to instil pride in our school, a spirit of togetherness and an atmosphere in which successful learning can flourish.
All students must wear school uniform each day. All uniform items highlighted in bold in the list below must be bought from our supplier:
Walthamstow Business Centre
London E17 4SX
T: 020 8531 4446
- 9 am – 5 pm – Mon to Fri
- 10 am – 12 noon – Sat
- Limited Parking
- Alternative parking in Homebase, Fulbourne Rd
- W16 Bus towards Chingford – get off at Clifford Rd (E17)
- Navy blue blazer with school logo embroidered on the pocket
- Plain white cotton shirt, long or short sleeved
- Optional navy blue v necked jumper (no school logo required)
- Tie (KS3 navy with gold stripes/KS4 gold with navy stripes). To be worn to the skirt/trouser waistband.
- Navy blue kilt style skirt (shortest length – just above the knee, longest length – ankle) or navy blue tailored trousers with a waistband (no belt)
- Plain navy or black socks (ankle or knee length) or plain navy or black tights
- Shoes – flat, black, polishable and of a sensible design and without adornments (no boots, pumps or sandals). Shoes should not come above the ankle bone. No trainers.
- Religious observance
Plain navy blue headscarf, secured discreetly and no longer than shoulder length. Must not have any embroidery, fancy trimmings or edgings. Headscarves should be purchased from the school.
PE Uniform KS3
- Plain navy shorts or tracksuit bottoms. No stripes/logos
- Plain white polo shirt – short or long sleeves
- Plain navy zip fleece or round necked sweatshirt (no hoods)
- White sports ankle socks
- Trainers. No plimsolls or Vans/Converse style.
PE Uniform KS4
- as above or optional,
- White or navy round necked t shirt
- Black/navy lycra sports leggings
- Hair styles and colours must be discreet and natural.
- Any planned hairstyle or colour, which is likely to stand out, should be discussed with your Head of Year before you go ahead.
- Hair ties/bands must be navy blue or black and small and discreet.
- One pair of small, plain studs
- Plain watch
The following are not permitted:
- Necklaces and bracelets (other than Sikh Kara)
- Nose piercings or any other form of facial piercing, including the tongue (plasters covering piercings are not allowed NB Nose/cartilage piercings take 4-6 months to heal before initial piercing can be removed)
- Nail varnish, nail extensions or acrylics
- Braid accessories e.g. silver/gold clips/beads
- Hoodies, sweatshirts and sports tops (these should also not be worn as a coat)
- Make up
The school has a selection of pre-loved uniform items available. Please contact Ms Hickes: email@example.com for further information.
The school does not have insurance cover for property and clothing brought to school by students. For this reason the school does not advise students to bring expensive coats onto school premises. It is important that all items of clothing and other equipment are clearly marked with the students’ names.